Thursday, July 31, 2008

Week 1: Thursday

Our schoolwork today started with reading the Bible and practicing our scripture. She's still mixing up the Earth and the Heaven's, but that's pretty minor so I'm not worried about it. It's sweet to hear her speaking in scripture as she plays.

Today, we started our lesson on the number 1. I introduced the subject at snack time where Elsie had 1 m&m, 1 cheez-it, 1 cookie, 1 chip, 1 graham cracker, 1 wheat thin, and 1 marshmallow. We counted how many of each item we had...ONE, of course. Then, she ate all the sweet stuff first as any daughter of mine would do!



After snacktime, we took turns drawing the number 1 on the lightsketcher...no need for tracing! We also drew 1 square since that's our shape of the week. Then, I sent Elsie on a number 1 scavenger hunt while I nursed Claira. She found 1 Barbie doll, 1 hairbow, 1 ball, 1 green block, and I had her find 1 thing shaped like a square so she brought me 1 book. Then, we drew the number 1 in our Number Book and picked out 1 sticker for the page.

To finish, we read 1 book and colored 1 page in a coloring book with only 1 crayon.

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

So cool! I hope you don't mind if I steal a lot of these ideas. You're doing some really neat stuff!

I just sat down and started some planning for when we start next week. I'm excited!