Monday, August 4, 2008

Week 1: Friday

Yes, I realize this is actually Monday. I'm just making up for lost time!

Anyway, when I was gearing up for the weekly themes, I peeked ahead at the daily lessons and discovered that Friday's lesson is on nursery rhymes. I haven't even heard all of the nursery rhymes that they include so I decided that we'd read the nursery rhyme as part of Friday's lesson, but we won't be spending time out of our week to memorize them. Instead, we're going to work on memorizing scriptures. Elsie did a great job with her first weekly scripture, and we introduced her second one, which is Colossians 4:2 "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."

I don't have all of the scriptures picked out ahead of time, but it seems like I've spent a lot of time talking to Elsie about thankfulness lately so I chose a scripture that included that. Now, she can spend the week reminding herself!

We also did our daily Bible reading and workbook pages. Then, we made a cow out of squares, which doesn't really look all that much like a cow, if you ask me. But, Elsie is quite proud of it. She even named it...so, here she is making her very first online appearance-Bessie the Cow!



For review, we took time to draw and trace squares, the letter A, and the number 1.

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

I think that is a great Scripture. It's one we'll probably use at some point during the 26 weeks as well.

I also think it's kind of silly to memorize nursery rhymes. When in life has that ever been necessary? lol